I'm looking for PHP code that will produce diff's between two texts, and
render them "inline". By that I mean not the standard *nix diff output,
which compares and outputs lines, but a diff that compares inline text
and outputs the bits before and after in place, marked with a custom

Example of *nix diff:

- this is the old line
+ this is the new line

Example of what I need:

I've seen this done in the htmldiff package, which is a C program. Except
I don't want to diff HTML code, but regular text. I actually need this
for a wiki engine, so it can present diffs between page changes in a
better way.

So:
* Anybody seen such code? the PEAR diff only does line diffs.
* Know of any GPL'd wiki engine which has my kind of diffs already
  implemented (as PHP?)
* Any pointers about how I should go about writing my own such diff?

--
Romanian Web Developers - http://ROWD.ORG