On 14 August 2004 15:50, raditha dissanayake wrote:

> Ford, Mike [LSS] wrote:
>

> > (And, BTW, the HTTP definition says that the Location:
> header should specify a full absolute URL, so that should be:
> >
> >  header("Location:
> http://your.server.name/path/to/errors/servererror.php";);
> >

> are you sure?

Yes.  In fact, I was too conservative -- the HTTP RFC says it *must*.  See:

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.30

and

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.2

Just because many browsers accept and process a non-standard header is no
reason to write non-standard headers... ;)

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]