> I believe Apache's Allowoverride directive must have "Options" or
> "+Options" set for php_value changes to be permitted on a per-directory
> basis in .htaccess files.
>
> "Allowoverride All" is one way to make sure they're permitted. :D

So... if I throw an override all in the .htaccess file I'm set? ;)

But seriously... on the particular server I'm wondering about right
now, I can use the directive:

        AddHandler server-parsed .html .htm

So using .htaccess files themselves is apparently OK on this one.
It's when I throw in the php_value statement that things blow up....
any ideas why?

-Weston