From: "Kevin Coyner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've got some large zip files sitting in a directory in my website for
my clients to download (no these aren't programs for warez but images
for the graphics industry).

One of the zip files is 78 MB.  When using MS IE6 and when I right click
the link for that zip file to download it (then 'File Save As"), IE
gives back an error message that "IE cannot download ... path/filename
from website.net" and "IE was not able to open this Internet site.  The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.  Please try
again later".

Is this over SSL and/or are you using sessions? I've came across problems like this before and the solution was changing the session.cache_limiter, IIRC. Although my issue did not depend upon large file sizes, it happened for any file.

---John Holmes...