"Jason Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Friday 27 August 2004 09:00, Gunter Sammet wrote:
>
> > Yes. All my local stuff does work like a charm. I'm working with
osCommerce
> > shopping cart and all my local installs work just fine. And as I said,
when
> > I compare it with a local install, the files don't show anything
unusual.

> Based on the info you've given so far I suggest that you check that these
> settings in php.ini:
>
>   short_open_tag
>   asp_tags
>
> are appropriate and/or the same on both servers.

Thanks for this info. I'll keep it in case I run into the same problem for
another reason.

It turned out to be a problem with some code my client added in for gzip
compression. Somehow it didn't work on my local machine. I commented it out
and everything worked like a charm. So it wasn't the FrontPage extensions
stuff.
If I get around, I might try it with another php version to see if it works
then.

Anyway. Thanks to all for their input.
Cheers,

Gunter