Thanks for the help, Phollip. Yes, I did read and follow the instructions in
the manual and the faq. I did edit my path and restarted my system. Same
result.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Olson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 7:11 PM
To: gc
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Fatal error: Call to undefined function

> > It's been awhile since I've done php on Windows, but I think
> > you have to uncomment the mysql dll in the php.ini file (make
> > sure you're editing the right one as per phpinfo), and restart
> > your web server.
>
> Thanks, John. I have the line uncommented, am editing php.ini in my winnt
> directory and have restarted the server. No magic, yet.

And make sure libmysql.dll is available in your systems PATH
and a nice way to do that is adding the PHP dir to your PATH
but a less cool way would be to copy libmysql.dll into the
Windows sytem directory because that directory is in the
PATH.  Don't do that though..

The manual talks about all of this, read the installation
section:

  http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.manual.php

It says how to set your PATH (via system environmetn variables)
and the MySQL documentation also refers to all of this:

  http://www.php.net/mysql

Both of the above manual pages link to related FAQs so read
those as well.

Regards,
Philip