I don't want a XML document! I need a HTML document.

Are you sure that that is the only possible explanation? I think not, and if
not, then it is not accurate to say that that is the obvious answer.

I did try changing the extension from "html" to "XML" and loading that
directly into IE. I did get errors. When I fixed the errors, the document
loaded into IE, but of course it was shown as-is. That is not what I need; I
need the HTML to be processed (formatted).

When I load the corrected document in using domxml_open_file, it still does
not load, regardlous of whether the extension is xml or html.

So your answer is rather cryptic. I need to load a file that can be created
and edited using a WYSIWYG editer, such as FrontPage. Then I need to modify
it (to do things such as fill in a table) using the DOM and then show that.
Perhaps the XML DOM is not capable of doing that then saying that the
problem is that it is not well-formed is a minor detail and the answer is
that I need HTML DOM functions instead of XML DOM. In other words, perhaps
PHP cannot do what I need.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]