Dre wrote:
line 8 is <?php

just that .. and the code before it is the following

//==================================================
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

//==================================================

"Marek Kilimajer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dre wrote:

Hi ..

I'm trying to save and view image files in a MySQL database, I made the

save

operation successfully, I stored the image file name, type, size and the
image file itself
the problem occurred when I tried to retrieve the image data I've

previously

stored, in specific when I tried to preview the image file

I tried to make something like the following but it did not work

//==========================================================================

=================
<?php
include("db.php");
$sql = "select * from members_data where mem_id = '4335'";
$result = mysql_query($sql);

if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)
{
 $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
 $image_type = $row['image_type'];
 $image = $row['personal_pic'];
 header("Content-type: $image);
 print $image;
}

//==========================================================================

=================

Everytime I try to execute this code I get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

(output

started at C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\ELBA\admin\Untitled-1.php:8) in C:\Program

Files\Apache

Group\Apache2\htdocs\ELBA\admin\Untitled-1.php on line 18

If the script you posted is Untitled-1.php you did not post the whole script. You output something on line 8, possibly a white space. You cannot output anything before any header(), setcookie(), or session_start() function calls.

And header("Content-type: $image); should be
header("Content-type: $image_type);
That's why the script fucks up. You cannot send any output to the browser prior to a header. Either send the header before you send the HTML or use output buffering, eg.:

        <?php ob_start() ?>
                <head>...
        <?php

        include '...';