This has something to do with this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316431

When you are programming, you do a lot of "view source", and I imagine
you are using "pragma-nocache", or "expires..." so, IE don't care for
the "source" of the page you are asking.
And sometimes you get an "older source", or nothing, 'cause the random
name for the source file or folder (content.ie5\xxxxxx) is in use.

So, I insist, if you want to know what is your "source", use, ob_start()...