php-i18n Digest 4 Apr 2001 10:36:13 -0000 Issue 61

Topics (messages 147 through 149):

Re: Jstring does'nt seemed to be working,,,
        147 by: Yasuo Ohgaki

Re: International support
        148 by: Yasuo Ohgaki

FREE LEADS FOR OUR GROUP!!
        149 by: wealthclub2738933.aol.com

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I guess you are using jstring as shared lib. (I was compiled in my PHP4.0.4pl1, but I'm using it as shared lib now) My modules are working fine with my Apache1.3.17/PHP4.0.4pl1 on Linux. Most likely your jstring.so is not located as PHP expects. Where did you put it? -- Yasuo Ohgaki "Tatsuro Nakagawa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]... > Hi. > > I've installed a module named... > > php-4.0RC2_jstring-1.0.tar.gz > > and an instalation seemed prety good, with no errros. > > BUT, it doesn't work! > > An error like this shows on my browser: > > -- ERROR MES -- > > Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './jstring.so' - ./jstring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /home/d2/bbs/test.php on line 2 > > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jstr_convert_kana() in /home/d2/bbs/test.php on line 4 > > -- ERROR MES END-- > > -- SCRIPT -- > > <? > dl("jstring.so"); > > echo jstr_convert_kana("ABC", "r"); > ?> > > -- SCRIPT END -- > > Some multi-byte code in an input.. an output should be "ABC". > > Where should I look for this kind of an error? > > Thanks for helping, in forward. > > -- > Tatsuro Nakagawa > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > -- > PHP Internationalization Mailing List (http://www.php.net/) > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >

Sorry for really late reply to the message. I didn't notice.

"Hironori Neal Sato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> (I'm only cc'ing to php-i18n)
>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:22:37AM -0800, Soma Interesting wrote:
> >I'm currently working a project that is intended to handle Japanese
> >character sets - and now I'm told ideally iMode too. :) The iMode isn't
> >such an issue at the moment - but the article below has spooked me a
> >little. At an early point in the project we tested if putting some input
> >into a web form, which ultimately was handled by php then stored in
> >postgres would return fully intact - and it did. This left me comfortable
> >that PHP and Postgres don't seem to care what language they're storing in
> >fields or variables. I'm 'guessing' that this is because the data, whether
> >its English or Japanese is being stored in binary (or something else?). Of
> >course I wouldn't be able to sort the data or do anything else that would
> >require PHP/Postgres to be able to interpret the data. However if I compile
> >Postgres with locals support for the character set/language in question -
> >then postgres will be able to sort Japanese. Is this right?
>
> I haven't touched Postgres in last four years, but I would assume you
> are correct.  As far as MySQL goes, you can set locale (actually,
> charset) and sorting Japanese text should work just fine.

PostgreSQL works perfectly with many multi-byte char code sets also. Including
many EUCs, SJIS, JIS, UTF8, etc. And it does different char set on server and
client side. (i.e. I can use SJIS on client side while DB uses EUC-JP)

> >>Since r-newbold.com is in Japanese only, Studio Omame made sure to utilize
> >>PHP's Japanese character set conversion functions. However, this proved to
> >>be a challenge.
> >
> >Is this available for v4 of PHP yet?
>
> So far, the answer is no.  I have attempted to implement Japanese
> extension to PHP4 before, but bumped into few problems.  At that time,
> I had to quit working on it since I ran out of my spair time.  But,
> we do have someone else working on this issue.  I don't have any
> dates though.

There are Japanese extentions. I use it and works perfectly with PHP4.0.4pl1 as
Apache DSO.
Charset conversion both manual and automatic, multi-byte charset reguler
expression, Japanese char handling for email, etc.
I heard the athour is working to make it standard PHP4 extention now.

PS: I think I post where to get it on this list when someone asks for it. Or
mail me if you really need it.

Regards,
--
Yasuo Ohgaki

ATTENTION:  ANY SERIOUS NETWORK MARKETER
TAKE A LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING OPPORTUNITY I CAME ACROSS!!
IF YOU PLUG INTO THEIR PROVEN SYSTEM, THEY GUARANTEE YOU SUCCESS,
AND PROVIDE YOU WITH FREE LEADS TO BUILD YOUR GROUP!!

DO NOT LET THIS SLIP AWAY!!  CLICK BELOW AND FIND OUT AS I DID,
WHY THESE GUYS ARE THE LEADERS IN THE INDUSTRY!!

http://www.geocities.com/wealthclub8989

THIS EMAIL COMPLIES WITH ALL REGULATIONS.  TO BE REMOVED WITHIN
24 Hours, SIMPLYEMAIL [EMAIL PROTECTED] FOR IMMEDIATE
REMOVAL FROM ANY FUTURE EMAILS FROM OUR COMPANY.