Justin French wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working with a bunch of users who hardly ever use correct punctuation in their submitted content. I realise there's very little I can do, but I'm trying to do *something* to make things a little more presentable. At the very least, ensuring that all "sentences" begin with a capital letter (english) would be a great start.

Has any one come across a library of "punctuation cleaners" or something like that?

---
Justin French
http://indent.com.au

Check out the many wonderful string functions at http://php.net/strings

In particular, for all uppercase, you'll probably find 'strtolower()' helpful. And, as Jim mentioned, ucfirst() will capitalize the first letter.

There's a bunch more that can help you control what they're sending you. (Isn't it amazing what people will enter in a form??)

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer