Dre wrote:
no I did this a long time ago
(I did have this problem before :o) )

Try echo $_REQUEST[session_name()]; in members/main.php. It should print the session id. Then there should be a session file sess_[session id].

"Marek Kilimajer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dre wrote:

and by the way ..
I'm using MS Windows XP Pro. which I do believe that it has some hand in

the

problem :)

Like you did not change session.save_path setting in php.ini from /tmp to whatever it is supposed to be on windows.

"Dre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I do know this
and what happen is that the $_SESSION array become empty once I redirect

from the login page (after login) to another members' area page .. !!

"Marek Kilimajer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dre wrote:

I don't know why but session variables does not get posted .. is there

any

thing in the php.ini that I should configure as
I can't find any thing wrong in the code I'm using !!

Session variables are not posted, they are kept on the server. Only the session id is sent as a cookie, get or post variable. Session variables are available in $_SESSION array