Hello,

I'm working with a system that draws a map from certain information. Lambert's projection seems to suit well to our needs.

Now I should generate a function that converts the lat/lon coordinates to the x,y coordinates using the Lambert's projection. As I couldn't find any ready-to-use script, I decided to write it from scratch... Well, no results at the moment. ;)

I found a formula explaining the projection at http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LambertConformalConicProjection.html . Unfortunately there is no explanation that what units x and y are, so drawing them or further convertion is impossible.

Now I would appreciate your help with this case. Any help is appreciated! Scripts, formulaes and other stuff give valuable help for the project.

Thank you!

Ville Mattila
Ikaalinen, Finland