I had a similar problem myself 1 1/2 weeks ago when my system locked up
through an IDE bus lock up after 560 days uptime (system still ran, but no
access to anything on the IDE drives, scsi was ok).  There was significant
file system damage, which for me took out my web pages, MySQL, a number of
executables, and a few other files.

Your whole problem sounds like file system damage to me.  I'm assuming you've
run something like fsck to examine your file systems, been through the
lost+found directories on the various partitions and put together again as
much as you can.  Just because a program still kind of runs doesn't mean it
or its files escaped the crash undamaged.

I think your only two reasonable options here are to reach for you backups
(you did make them, didn't you???), or to rebuild the failing components.

If you need further help, you can contact me directly as this thread doesn't
really belong on the PHP list.

regards
Markus