Hello,

> Those sites (because there are more) just put the
> urls in a database, and
> assign an ID to each one.
>
> Then, a program (that can be made in any language)
> queries the database for
> the given ID, and get the long URL. Then it
> redirects to that URL and that's
> all.
Ok, it is like I thought, but if it is made in PHP is
there a way to catch all the ID sent to the main page
of tinyurl.com and then query the database?
Like I said before, when someone type in its browser
the url tinyurl.com/h4599 how tinyurl (or other
similar services), are able to get the ID, what is the
command?
I hope I'm clear :-/

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger gratuitement sur
http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com