Jason FB wrote:
PHP GENERAL LIST:

I am trying to get the session cookie to stay active for 10 years

I have at the top of EVERY page on my website an include statement which includes a file which contains only this code:

<?
# THIS FILE JUST SETS THE SESSION AND INITIALIZES IT TO 10 YEARS
session_set_cookie_params(60*60*24*365*10);
session_start();
?>

If I quit my browser and re-launch, it seems to remember my session variables. [Which was NOT the case when I had these two lines of code reversed -- the sesssion_start() before the session_set_cookie_params() ]

However, if I return to the site the following day, it seems to forget my session variables. This has happened 2 days in a row, so I'm a little stumped. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Garbage colector deleted the session file. You need to change session.gc_maxlifetime setting and likely also session.save_path to your own diretory. Hope you have plenty of disk space available.