I've had good success with this one: http://www.devdump.com/phpxml.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Zirzow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 12:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Good xml to array class?

* Thus wrote Brent Clements:
> I've done searching on google for "xml parsers" and xml to array using
php and honestly there are SOOOO many. Most of the classes I've taken a
look at either aren't finished, or require dom to work.

Converting xml to an array isn't an easy of a task. given:
<foo>
  <bar>value</bar>
  <baz>value</baz>
  <qaz avaluemabey="something" />
</foo>

How is one to make this into an array?

> Either I write my own or I get help from you guys.

If you have an sample xml file you wish to convert, you might
consider posting. Someone might be able to recognize your pattern
and come up with a way to convert it.

> I need it to not rely on DOM since the php which I am dealing with,
only has expat compiled in.

DOM and expat are two completly differnt things.

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.