On 25 Sep 2004 19:51:46 -0000, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use Smarty. The thing about Smarty is it can be as simple or as
> complex as you want it. I personally feel you could do exactly as you
> describe with it -- just tell your designers the bare minimum of what
> you will allow in a template.

I'd second the recommendation of Smarty -- as Matthew implies, you can
set it up to only allow a restricted set of tags in templates, and you
can define what those tags are so that they are intuitive to your
template-editing users.

pb

--
paul bissex, e-scribe.com -- database-driven web development
413.585.8095