On Sunday 26 September 2004 04:35, Marek Kilimajer wrote:
> Whil Hentzen wrote:
> > I can get a single form to call itself again if there's nothing fancy
> > going on. This code will prompt the user for their mail if it doesn't
> > already exist, and if the email does exist, provides some data out of
> > database.
> >
> > <?php
>
> $email = (isset($_POST['email']) ? $_POST['email'] : '');
>
> if ( !validate_email($email) ): ?>
>
> >   <!-- No email, so prompt the user for one.-->

Thanks for the quick response.

At this point, I feel a little like Einstein's wife, who, when asked if she
understood the papers that her husband wrote, said, "I understand the words,
but not the sentences."

I gather that the 'validate_email' is.... a separate function that I will
write, passing the email var, and getting either a T or F response.

Now... where does this go? In the PHP page? A separate function in a separate
.php file? Or....?

Thanks,

--
Whil

Moving to Linux: Freedom, Choice, Security, Opportunity
http://www.hentzenwerke.com