There are several JavaScript solutions for validating forms on the client side. Search on hotscripts.com and google.com.

Client-side validation (in the browser) is useful, but you shouldn't depend on it to guarantee that the data that your users submit is valid. You should also validate the data in your PHP script as you process the form.

Oh, and there are several PHP-based list managers available, for instance phplist, so you may not need to program it yourself.

/Mattias

Huang, Ou wrote:

I am currently working on a newsletter mailing list project and
developed a form in php. I would like to validate before it is
submitted. What would be the best way to validate a form? Write your own
routines or using a form validator. I just started learning PHP, so
don't have much experience on this. I am thinking using a form validator
but not sure where I can get it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

--