hi!
I have a problem with the imagejpeg() function - or related. I must specify
that I'm a newbie with image handling with php and that a piece of advice
would really help me right now.
The deal is that I want to create a (smaller) resized copy of a certain
image using this code:

 $veche = imagecreatefromjpeg($img_large);
 $noua = imagecreate($wm, $hm);
 imageinterlace($noua, 1);
 imageinterlace($veche, 1);
 imagecopyresized($noua, $veche, 0, 0, 0, 0, $wm, $hm, $size_large[0],
$size_large[1]);
 imagejpeg($noua, $smallPath, 100);
 ImageDestroy($veche);
 ImageDestroy($noua);

the resizing part goes well; I don't really know what the imageinterlace
function does, but I used it in desperation. Why: the output image's quality
is visibly inferior to the source's. And I want the image to look good. The
source is a jpeg (dinamic). As you probably have noticed, I set the quality
parameter to 100, but uselessly.
What i'd like to know is whether php can output some quality jpegs, and if
so, then how?
Thanks a lot!
PS: imagecopyresampled does not work either - produces the same result!