how about setting the correct umask. Or else su'ing to the correct user before moving it.

Aidal wrote:
ftp_chmod() is part of PHP 5 and I'm working with PHP 4.3.1.

I tried the ftp_raw('CHMOD 777 filename.jpg'); doesn't work either though :(

"Silvio Porcellana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aidal wrote:

Hi NG.

I'm experiencing some problems when trying to copy a file from one

location

to another on the web server.

example:

dir1/subdir1/some_image_name.jpg -->

dir2/subdir2/some_new_image_name.jpg

When I do this the file permissions changes and I'm no longer the owner

of

the file. I tried to use chmod('the_new_file', 0777); but it doesn't

work,

because chmod() wont let me change the permissions since I'm not the

owner

of this new file.

The owner should now be the user the Web server is running as. To change file ownerships you need to use the PHP FTP functions. Check out these pages: http://php.libero.it/manual/en/ref.ftp.php

HTH, cheers!