Joe Stump wrote:

> A copy and paste into foo.php and then a php -q foo.php yielded results for
> me.

Yeah, it's giving me results too today. I don't know what went wrong
yesterday.

To extend my question, I'm trying to work with multidimensional arrays.

For example, I would like to do this:

<?
 error_reporting(E_ALL);

 $target_array = array();

 echo "starting <br>";

  for( $i=0; $i<5; $i++ )
   for( $j=0; $j<5; $j++ )
   {
     $res = $i * $j;
     $target_array[$i][$j] = $res;
     print("result = $target_array[$i][$j] <br>");
   }
  echo "done";
?>

And this is my result today:
starting
result = Array[0]
result = Array[1]
result = Array[2]
result = Array[3]
result = Array[4]
result = Array[0]
result = Array[1]
result = Array[2]
result = Array[3]
result = Array[4]
result = Array[0]
result = Array[1]
result = Array[2]
result = Array[3]
result = Array[4]
result = Array[0]
result = Array[1]
result = Array[2]
result = Array[3]
result = Array[4]
result = Array[0]
result = Array[1]
result = Array[2]
result = Array[3]
result = Array[4]
done

My thinking is that PHP ought to be like C when doing simple stuff like
this.
I must have something wrong with the declaration of the array.

How do you declare a multidimensional array??!!??
How do you work with it then???

Thanks in advance!!

John