Merlin wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to validate international phone numbers before adding into a db.
After a bit of research I came up with this regex:

return (ereg('^[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,6}\.[0-9]{1,8}$', $phone));
However, this tightens the numbers to something like this: 409.711.933838

Thats a problem, since some countries have complete other formats and some peopole place a + in front and a : instead of . or even just the number.

Can anybody recommend a good regex to validate this? I am not to good at creating regex :-(

Strip out all non-numerical characters before you process.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Thanx for any help,

Merlin