To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

On 03 November 2004 19:40, Pablo Gosse wrote:

> [snip]Klaus Reimer wrote:
> > Murray @ PlanetThoughtful wrote:
> > > function asl($val){
> > > function mfr(&$rset){
> >
> > This may be ok for private projects but otherwise I don't think
> > it's a good idea to create "shorthand" functions. Other developers
> > (and especially new developers beginning to work on the project) are
> > getting confused. They must first learn what this functions are
> > doing. The names of these functions are not really helpful in
> > understanding what's going on.[/snip]
>
> I'm with Klaus on this one.

Me too (tm)!  This is a job for a good editor, with automatic name
completion or abbreviation expansion.  This gives you the convenience of
shortcuts when coding, together with the full standard names when reading
the source code at a later date!

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]