I tried using MMCache With PHP5, and Apache 1.x, it segfaulted
frequently. Serendipity's HTML nuggets stopped working, as did a lot
of my own scripts.

I am under the impression that the author of Turck is now employed by
Zend, so I doubt that he will continue the project as it is in direct
competition with Zend's own commercial accelerator.

I spoke with one of the programmers behind APC a week or two ago, and
he suggested that it would be PHP 5 ready within a few weeks.

paul

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:49:55 -0700, Adrian Madrid
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Klaus Reimer wrote:
>

> > raditha dissanayake wrote:
> >
> >> this one:

> > Turck MM Cache does not work with PHP 5. It's possible to compile and
> > load it and some pages are working but most of the time it segfaults.
> >
> > By the way: Does anybody know if the Turck MM Cache project is still
> > active? The last change in CVS is 5 months old, the last release is
> > nearly a year old. And there were rumors that the main developer was
> > assimilated by Zend.
>
> I've been running Turck for some time now on PHP5 and haven't had
> segfault problems yet. I must say I'm running the latest CVS and using
> file sessions (Turck's would give you segfaults). About new developments
> there's been a lot of talk in the forums but so far only one person
> mentioned having done changes int he code. The original developers have
> not answered the call so far so we would have to hope for somebody else
> to step up.
>
> --
> Adrian Madrid
> HyperX Inc.