No need to go any further at this stage then. If your Javascript is not
doing/allowing the form submission then you need to check that code, no
point looking at the PHP code if it's never being called.

[snip]

> I am not sure where exactly I am going so wrong, and it really is starting
> to drive me crazy!

Have you tried commenting out the Javascript validation and submitting the
form? If the form then gets processed (by the PHP code) post your problem to
a Javascript list/forum for advice.

Graham