I'm sorry, I was mistaken. I was thinking that it did not perform variable
interpolation for some reason, but of course in fact it does.

So switch my comment around to say that here doc is about as fast as double
quotes.

I'd test it with microtime, but on windows the "it finished before it
started" bug prevents me from it :)

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...