I should have specified that this is a shell script, not a web
application.

I have a listening process running. The listening process calls another
script once a connection is established. This is done via exec.

It works; however, I can't pass a resource directly to the other script.
Therefore, I've passed the resource to "serialize()" and pass the
resulting string to the other script as an argument. My idea was to
"unserialize" the string in that script. I expected to get a resource
back; unfortunately, I get an integer.

My question is: is there any way to pass a Resource between scripts?

Ian