On Saturday 13 November 2004 19:13, Vinayakam Murugan wrote:

[snip]

> 1st scenario : -
>
> Enable cookies.
>
> Traverse from first page to second page and back. The values are
> maintained in IE, Mozilla on windows & Mozilla in Debian Linux.
>

> 2nd scenario : -
>
> Disable cookies.
>
> Traverse from first page to second page and back. The values are
> maintained in IE but not in Mozilla in Windows & Linux
>
> I get a new session id everytime I refresh the page.
>

> Can anyone help me out with this?

First, can I assume that transparent session id is disabled in php?

If so, then php has to rely solely on browser settings to propagate the
session id. Most browsers these days have separate configs for normal cookies
and session cookies. So are you enabling/disabling *session* cookies in your
browsers or just the normal cookies?

/*
"To IBM, 'open' means there is a modicum of interoperability among some of
their
equipment."
-- Harv Masterson
*/