> > Did you take the time to think about what you were
> > going to do before starting your application?
>
> Honestly , no I did not.  What I did start out with is
> a belief that there wouldn't be a need to know php.  I
> was using a RAD, that was sold as all encompassing.
> Fool me once.

Yeah, that's always fun.  You think you're getting something close to
what you want, maybe with some tweaking, and what you end up with is
really a giant spaghetti tangle of unusable code that you have no choice
but to hack enough to get a functional product..... Or re-write the
whole thing by hand.

Don't worry..  Questions are good, but do your best to untangle what you
can, get all your questions together and hit the web sites and mailing
lists.  The more research you do and more "helping yourself" you do, the
less "RTFM" and othe responses similar to what you got above.

But hell...  It's not like the rest of us have never ended up neck-deep
in a mess that we needed as much help as we could get to untangle.

> > If you are looking to have the SQL query string sent
> > as POST vars but don't know how to get those out of
> > the array, I would say you have some RTFMing to
> > do, the same would go for sending the users to your
> > results page AND ( you can do both POST and GET vars
> > for a single page)adding a querystring to the
> > url so that the user could bookmark the url and have
> > a way to return to the same query they specified
> > provided that the database query happens on/in the
> > results page.
>
> Ok, I was not aware that both POST and GET can be used
> at the same time.

Yeah, you can do that.   GET requests are just where the info is passed
via the URL.  You don't even need a <FORM> to do GET variables.   Just
do  scriptname.php?getvar1=Test&getvar2=Test2   Then use
$_GET["getvar1"] or whatever you named them.

You can also use $_REQUEST[] to get any data put into $_GET, $_POST or
$_COOKIE (superceding in that order I believe.. That is, it gets all the
GET data first, and if there's a POST variable of the same name, it
overwrites the GET version... And COOKIE overwrites POST).

> > If that answers any of your questions, great, if
> > not, try planning ahead a little instead of asking the
> > list to write the functionality code for you.
>
> Okay, so showing me how something works is now wrong ?
> No one has shown you code or explained a better method
> at some function ?
>
> This particular post has went way passed its course.
> Thank you for your help.

Probably...    Understand that there are a lot of people on here who
post a lot of responses and help a lot of people and they have bad days
just like everyone else.  So while you ask for patience and
consideration for your questions, be sure to show some patience and
consideration for those who bother to respond.  It's a two-way street.

I mean, if people got nasty every time someone asked a question that was
answered with "YOU HAVE REGISTER GLOBALS TURNED OFF NOW!!" or other
questions that we all probably ran into when we were starting out
ourselves, then we'd have a lot of flaming going on here.

This is a PHP General mailing list, it should be for general, newbie,
etc sort of questions.  But the expectation is that the questions being
asked were researched some ahead of time as well.  Although that's not
always an option and that needs to be understood as well.

Good luck, Stuart.

-TG