Hello,

On 11/15/2004 06:25 PM, Chris W wrote:
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

I think your problem is that the -t switch is missing. That would make sendmail read the addresses from the message headers, which seems to be the problem.

That appears to have fixed that problem. I am confused as to why you needed to see that one line of the php.ini file before you could make the suggestion to add the -t. Now that I Know what the -t option is for, that would be the first thing I would suggest if I hear of someone getting the same errors. Any way thanks for the help.

Actually, I only realized that -t or -i could be missing after noticing that is what the default value mentioned in the comment line above. I recall somebody complaining about a similar problem and somebody else suggesting that the php.ini needed to be fixed but I do not remember anybody mentioning explicitly that -t was important.

Anyway, the mail() function is prone to many problems that may or may not be due to configuration problems other than this that you only know what may be the reason only you pass by the problems.

Personally I avoid using the mail() function because of these headaches and use my own classes that inject messages directly the local MTA queue so I do not have to wonder much.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/