Nathan Mealey wrote:

The following line of code:
mysql_connect('database','user','password'); [with values of course]

Generates the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/phptest.php on line 3

My PHP info page says that PHP (4.3) was compiled with MySQL, and extensions_dir is correct (although the extensions_dir itself is empty, but I don't know if this matters). So PHP itself is working.

When you say the "info page" do you mean the output from phpinfo()? Does that page show a box with the MySQL information or does it just show on the options line?

I installed MySQL 4.1 from RPM (client and server RPMs) on Redhat 8.0 this morning.

You should use the mysqli extension for MySQL 4.1.

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com