Ryan,

Your suggestion led me to the solution.  I was having the same problem with
php returning a fatal error made me think DB.php was to blame.  But it ended
up being an include problem after all...

I use php 4.3.8 and my include path to the PEAR libraries was already set.
The actual problem was including my config file which defined my DSN driver.
Once I was able to successfully include the config file and actually define
the DSN info, everything was fine.

Thanks!
Tim