On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:50:58 -0500, Josh Howe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've looked at the php session documentation, and it doesn't look like
> there's any way to run code when a session expires. I'd like to do some
> cleanup when a user's session expires, is there any way to trap this?
> Thanks.

You can define your own session handling functions with and override
PHP's default session handling with session_set_save_handler().  One
of the functions you would define would be the garbage collection
function.  Once created you can call this function whenever you like.

I wrote a drop-in replacement for PHP sessions that gives you what I
just described, it uses MySQL:

http://destiney.com/pub/php_db_sessions.tar.gz

There's also the database abstraction layer ADOdb which gives you
callback functionality in garbage collection:

http://adodb.sf.net/

The db driven, encrypted and bzip'd sessions are pretty nice too.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer