Am 2004-12-13 19:53:01, schrieb Richard Davey:
> Hi all,

>    I can push the file out quite easily using a modified header and a
>    simple script to check if they can download it or not, but with
>    such a large file a significant number of web browsers fail to
>    obtain the entire EXE before closing - or any other number of
>    factors kick into play (their PC resets, ISP disconnects, Windows
>    crashes, etc).

Why not suggest your clients to use "wget" for Windows or DOS ?

The 32-Bit Version of "wget" for DOS works perfectly in a DOS-Box
of Win2003 Server, WinXP Pro+Home, Win2000, Win98 and Win95

But why not SPLIT the files on your Server already in 1 MB parts
and the if the $USER connect with your small 50kB Application it
sends a URL with the requird Data to the Server which responds
via shttp and a file, where alle the parts are listet with there
md5sums...

Then your application can download all parts from e hidden directory
check the md5sums and if they are complete, it will join the parts
to the big_game.exe.

This is what I do :-)

And yes, I have used the Source-Code of WGET but you can make your
implementation. WGET is perfect, because it can resum broken
downloads, no matter where the $USER has stoped the Download.

> Best regards,
>
> Richard Davey

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi