Shaun wrote:
> I have a system that scans through a CSV File and inserts each row into a
> database. I have just noticed that some rows have a return character in
> them - a small square - and this is causing errors in the mysql query.
>
> Does anyone know how I can remove such chracters?

Might I point out that if those 'return' characters are in your content,
you may not want to get rid of them at all, as they could indicate
paragraphs...

I don't know how you can convince MySQL to keep them or fix your code to
present the correct data from the CSV file, but throwing out the paragraph
markers in your content is probably not a Good Idea if there is any kind
of significant amount of content involved.

Progammer's Motto:
Been there; done that; had to re-do it.

--
Like Music?