I did RTFM. The exact page you linked to in fact:

QUOTE:

Requirements

In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with support for the mysqli extension.

END QUOTE

That is the whole point of my request. I need a guide explaining *how* to compile the PHP Source.

John Nichel wrote:

Donald Tyler wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a guide on compiling PHP 4. I am a complete newbie to compiling and have no idea where to start, so any links to guides and/or other useful info would be much appreciated.

My reason is that I need MySQL 4 support, but I would like to get a general overview of compiling a program source in general.

Thanks in advance.

Donald Tyler

I'd say RTFM, but I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities, so...

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.php

MySQL up too 4.0...
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php

MySQL >= 4.1