On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:22:55 -0800 (PST), Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
> > I know this is not strictly speaking a PHP question but it is to do with
> > a PHP app.
> >
> > I have a form with a number of hidden values in it.  After the post
> > print_r( $_POST ) shows all the values except these (this is copied from
> > 'Show Source' in the browser.
> >
> > <input type=hidden name=keyField[mb_memberships][0] value=mb_e_id>
> > <input type=hidden name=keyValue[mb_memberships][0] value=100000>
> > <input type=hidden name=keyField[mb_memberships][1] value=mb_id>
> > <input type=hidden name=keyValue[mb_memberships][1] value=1>
> >
> > Any idea why they wont post?
>
> The *do* POST, but PHP only handles one level of array references in NAME=xxx
>
> You can do something like:
> <?php
>  while (list($keys, $value) = each($_POST['keyField'])){
>    $keys = explode('][', $keys);
>    list($key1, $key2) = $keys;
>    $realKeyField[$key1][$key2] = $value;
>  }
> ?>

Almost follow this but not quite.  Is this the code used to create the
hidden HTML input tag or the one to unpack the variable after the
post.  What is really spooky is the keys are actually held in a
variable in an object called keys - your telepathic abilities are very
impressive;).  My first thought was when you said PHP only handles one
level in post was to serialize the array, put the serialized version
in as a single hidden HTML tag and unserialize at the other end.  do
you reckon this is a goer?

> --
> Like Music?
> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of
using the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)