Calling the method parent::insert() from a class the ancestor of which truly
has a method insert() itself, I get the error

"Fatal error: No parent class available in this context in bla.php on line
...".

I know this isn't very much information, but the whole project is big and
would take time to be explained. So my question is: In what particular
"context" do errors like this occur? I KNOW that my respective class HAS a parent,
it's declared like "class blabla extends bla". and bla HAS the method I call.
What's wrong?

http://www.gmx.net