On 10 Feb 2005 Richard Lynch wrote:

> Perhaps you need to use http://php.net/reset
>
> You see, when you do foreach or each or any of those, there is an
> "internal" setting in the array that is altered to keep track of where you
> are.  Kind of like a big "You are here" arrow inside the guts of the
> array.

I believe this is incorrect.  Or if not, the docs are wrong.  From
http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.foreach.php:

    Note:  When foreach first starts executing, the internal array
    pointer is automatically reset to the first element of the array.
    This means that you do not need to call reset() before a foreach
    loop.

I don't know why the original poster had a problem, it seems mysterious
so far, but it seems it probably wasn't for lack of a reset() call.

--
Tom