Thanks to all who suggested using include_once. Maybe it is just me (long
FORTRAN background), but the very idea of include_once makes me nervous, and
I don't use it. It violates my sense of acceptable design. I would rather
design my code such that a file is *really* only included once, if that is
what is supposed to happen. I *want* PHP to tell me when something gets
included more than once, then I can review the design. Maybe including the
file more than once is OK, maybe not. Depends on what else is in the
included file. Not an "Extreme Programming" outlook, I admit :) YMMV.

The Old Fogey,

Kirk