Jochem Maas wrote:
A better example code would be:
$string =
'period.backslash\\plus+star*question?lbracket[rbracket]carat^lparen(rparen)dollar$';

echo "<PRE>", quotemeta($string), "</PRE>";

Interesting aside... with the test string above, I noticed that backslash\\ only resolved to two backslashes. I thought there would be

thats correct...

echo "\\"; // shows one backslash

Well in the example above it was a single quote, not a double quote. But either way... I would have thought there would be a 1:1 relationship in the quotemeta translation (either quote all of them, or assume they are all quoted already).

4.  It seems that quotemeta will resolve \ and \\ to \\, \\\ and \\\\
resolve to \\\\, etc.

See above. I would think (given my own common sense as well as the man page for quotemeta) that there would be a quote added to each of these. But the results don't quite match this...

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2