Eduard Grigoryan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to PHP and I'd appreciate your advice a lot.
> I'm trying to use dynamic PHP links instead of plain HTML and I'm gonna
> use something like
> this:
> File "index.php":
> <?
> <?
> if(isset($content)):
> include $content;
> else:
> include "about.htm";
> endif;
> ?>
>
> But a guy told me it is not preferable to use this method because of
> security considerations.
> I'm sure there is a common way of building dynamic links; am I on wrong
> way?

Now that you (hopefully) understand the problem, here's a solution for
THIS case:

<?php
if (!isset($content)) $content = 'about.htm';
switch($content){
  case 'about.htm':
  case 'story.htm':
    include $content;
  break;
  default:
    die("Page not found");
  break;
}

You'll need to add one line for each page, but you will never accidentally
try to include a file you didn't mean to include.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm