Hi folks
 I hardly convince my company to have their PHP products open source,
now the challenge is to protect their products from being stolen and
used illegally so we may Encode only one or two files to keep the use
of our products on Certain domain or IP address. Any idea how to
accomplish this ?

if its a must to encode some files to achive our goal then we prefer
to stick with opensource/free encoder, our choice now is mmCache
Encoder, but since dl() gonna be depracted in the mean of removed in
php5, we will not be able to offer our products for shared hosting
clients

any idea how to protect our products, keeping it open souce as much as
possible ?

--
Web standards Planet
http://www.w3planet.info/