Gustavo Lopes wrote:
I appreciate your reply but I'm not satisfied.

"Richard Lynch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gustavo Lopes wrote:

I'm building a script that makes a list of files available in a directory
(PHP 4.3.10, Apache 2.0.53, windows, NTFS file system). The XHTML is
served
as ISO-8859-1. However, I'm having trouble in generating correct links
for
files with accents, etc.
The problem is rawurlencode() appears to convert strings by translating

I don't suppose there's any way to just rename the file...

I don't want to rename any file, just change a link destination by encoding the filename differently.

You may be able to do the urlencode() and then un-do the %3E back to, err
whatever it was.

What? Where did you get that %3E from?

I think he was just typing off memory and quoted a different encoded char... my encoding battles are always a trail and error affair until 'it' does what I want... but maybe these 2 functions may help you:

http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-encode.php
http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-decode.php

Gustavo Lopes