Cabbar Duzayak wrote:
Hi,

I have embedded a media player on my page with the html pasted below,
and modified my .htaccess file to redirect this /aa/bb/cc.wmv to a php
file...

My php file (used below) does nothing, but logs the requests+checks
access, opens the actual .wmv file and prints it out. The problem when
I use the following code is that, media player (for some reason) sends
2 requests to the source (http://www.mydomain.com/aa/bb/cc.wmv) to
show this instead of one, the first one reads something like 65K, then
it sends the second request to retrieve the whole file... I checked it
in various ways (verified that it is not because of .htaccess, my
code!), but could not figure out why. And,  2 requests come within 1
second difference (the server is on a local network).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can avoid
this double request?

I think this has to do with streaming of the file. Media player might be checking on the file signature (maybe for DRM stuff?) then requesting the entire file.