Hello Chris,

Friday, March 4, 2005, 9:58:05 AM, you wrote:
C> .htaccess

Right.. But if you're on a hosted server running Sambar which is
configured to ignore .htaccess, then what? (I'm not being facetious,
this is actually an issue I've run across for a client).

My point I guess, is that there should be a simple way in PHP to
reliably pull the DOC_ROOT for a virtual host that doesn't require
fixing "x" number of pages if you move the site to another server or
to another folder. PHP is great in terms of portability, but this
seems to be a major sticking point in making it less portable.

A webserver always knows where it is (i.e. external CSS declarations).

--
Leif (TB lists moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.3 Rush under Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 2 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB