Hello!

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 18:20 +0530, Vaibhav Sibal wrote:
> Hi
> I checked ou the ftp functions of PHP, what I wanted to ask was that
> if I connect to a remote server and issue and ftp_fget() command the
> file will be downloaded to the server running the PHP code and Apache
> webserver or the client machine from which we are calling it ? In the
> sense for example I have a client machine running on windows XP, I
> launch the mozilla firefox browser in that and call for the
> ftp_code.php on my server (http://server). The ftp_code.php contains a
> code which connects to a remote ftp server and then using the
> ftp_fget() function downloads a file from the remote server. Now where
> will this file be downloaded ?

The short answer is it would download it to the server, not the client
on which Firefox is running.  But if you were wanting to transfer the
file to the client, I'd think you could do something creative like this:

1. Have your script download the file from the remote server.
2. Once the file has been downloaded, display a new page to the browser
with a link to the file.
3. Then the user can click the link to retrieve/open the file.

Now this may not be the best solution, it just happens to be what I
could think of off the top of my head.  There may be better ways to
accomplish the same thing.

Hope that helps!

Tim