Leif Gregory wrote:
Hello Marek,

Sunday, March 6, 2005, 7:08:24 PM, you wrote:

I don't see where that tells me where the include folder would be.

MK> If you know how the files are layed out in your application, you do.

No... You missed the point of this whole thread which was explained in
point 1 and point 2 of the "Problem" section.

Restated in different words is how do you write some code which is
dynamic enough to withstand reorganization of folders either on the
same host, a different host (maybe with a different OS too), or a
mixture of any.

In HTML, a css declaration as follows:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Site CSS" href="includes/site.css"
/>

er does it really?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Site CSS" href="includes/site.css"
/>

I'm pretty sure the url is ./includes/site.css i.e. the include subdir of the
dir in which the html file that includes the link tag is in. if you move the
html file up or down a dir then the link to the css file will break....

maybe browsers are smart enough to also check /includes/site.css

works regardless of where the page is, where it's moved to, and regardless of how many folders down it is as long as there is indeed a folder off the site root called "includes" and as long as there is a file in that folder called "site.css".

How do we mimic that capability in PHP so pages don't have to be
re-written if point 1 or point 2 of the "Problem" are met?

Cheers,
Leif Gregory